We work in a relaxed studio environment with a friendly, open atmosphere. From interns to Partners, every suggestion is given consideration.
We have high expectations of each other and work as a team to deliver things we’re all proud of. We encourage communication and for our people and our ideas to be challenged. Enjoying work is compulsory, a happy team works better together.
We’re a sociable bunch, we work hard but we know how to have fun too. Every year we have both a Christmas party and a Summer event. But that’s not all. With sporting sweepstakes, bake offs, Halloween socials and of course the obligatory Friday offload and unwind at The Fox.
GROW WITH US
Being part of a small, rapidly expanding business offers big opportunities. We have ambitious plans for growth and want to develop individuals within the business to grow with us. We invest in our people – providing both the technical and managerial skills and training needed to bring out the very best in the team.
If you would like to grow with us and be a part of our story, we’d love to hear from you.
Contact us at email@example.com
Or apply using our quick and secure webform.
Solid Structures is committed to a policy of equal opportunities.
+ CURRENT VACANCY: Senior Civil Engineer
In essence, we are problem solvers. We improve the construction process with the production of clear and certain instructions for the builder, whether that’s in designing a simple beam or a large site development.
We’re looking for someone who can bring that same focus when they join our young dynamic team.
You’ll be working in a professional design office and can expect to face a steep, but rewarding learning curve. In return we’ll give you the room to grow, and support will be available from our Directors when you need a little help.
- Delivery of a wide range of projects (residential, education, community and health, heritage, university and colleges) and procurement methods; traditional, design and construct contracts.
- Resource allocation and management to ensure project completion to agreed deadlines.
- A belief that you can do it. Be confident and able to tackle new situations/challenges.
- Good ability to sketch/draw by hand.
- Good working knowledge of drainage system design, road design and Sectional Agreements.
- Able to prioritise the demands of various projects as well as completing individual projects.
- Confident in talking to clients/ architects/ contractor clients. Agreeing realistic next steps and managing their expectations.
- Able to successfully liaise with clients/ architects following an enquiry and prepare fee proposals for projects.
- We are seeking a Chartered Engineer (or near Chartered) with 5-8 years experience.
- We would also consider applicants for a part-time role on a per applicant basis
- We believe in recruiting, developing and rewarding the best people. If you have ambition and drive, or if you believe that you have untapped potential, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please send your CV and covering letter highlighting your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
“Solid Structures has been an ideal company to start my career.
It’s big enough to experience jobs ranging from domestic to large commercial, whilst intimate enough to know each employee personally. Everyone is very friendly and has welcomed me from day one, building my confidence and eliminating the daunting graduate transition period.
Within each project I have had the opportunity to work side by side with employees of every level, from other Graduates to Senior Engineers and Directors.
Having already completed a year in a structural design office on my university sandwich year, the continuous interaction with senior team members and friendly environment has enabled me to hit the ground running with my design work. Within a year of working here I have already started to be given sole responsibility of projects, and am confidently building up a healthy portfolio for my Chartership.”
Dani Trevail, Graduate joined October 2017